Sunday, August 17, 2008

Willow's Baptism






Last Sunday, August 10th, my family gathered together to celebrate my great-niece's baptism. Willow Isobel made it through the service with the class of a true lady. She was beautiful in her christening gown made for her by my Mom. Long, white, lacy, with a tiny bit of pink ribbon, the dress was a one-of-a-kind. Mom used her amazing sewing skills to fashion the perfect gift for her first great-grandchild. Afterwards, my nieces told Mom that the dress will be passed on, so that each new great-granddaughter will wear this special dress when they are baptized.

The easiest way to flatter my Mom is to ask her to sew something. And she is always honored to do it. Whether it is a christening gown or wedding dress, hemming prom dresses or patching holes in someone's jeans (Not those holes, Gram, just this one!) Mom is always ready with needle and thread to sew this family tightly together.

No comments: