Thursday, November 26, 2009

Holiday Hunt



Sonja Henngeler and Kristi Wolbert threw one heck of a "Holiday Hunt" last Sunday at The Hanger in Maryville. They really out did themselves, bringing in some of best artisans, showing us that "this ain't no ordinary craft show".



My hands down favorite was the pottery of Andy Rogers. Andy lives in Maryville and creates the most beautiful pottery. He has mastered blending his love of ceramics and gardening in his organic forms. I'll tell you more about Andy and his work in a later chapter. Let's just say I bought myself a Christmas present...or two...or three..Okay, four! Dammit I deserve it!!! You can check Andy out at www.andyrogersceramics.com. Sorry about the blurry photo. Here are some more pictures of Andy's work.













This is my new BFF, Ben. His family works with stone from Israel. They do a lot of building for people who can really afford it! At the show, Ben was selling soap dishes, coasters, and key chains made from the stone leftovers. His mother made cell phone carriers from wool she gathered from their sheep. She also confessed a love for buttons and had many interesting items made from old buttons. The patriarch of the family was hand engraving custom key chains. They also provided stones for children to play with and entertain themselves. They were an interesting family!








In the past, Sonja and Kristi have held a bi-annual event called "Hodge Podge". Their booth offered a lot of recycled, re-invented, and re-purposed items. I bought a long, narrow basket full of greenery for my front door. It also had a Christmas ribbon and was adorned with an old rusty buckle. When I got home, Sam's comment was "You like rust, don't you Mom?". Yes, son, I do!!!

Holiday Hunt also had many more booths ranging from prints, ceramics, home baked goods, purses, baby items, and much, much more. Sonja said they were already making plans for next year's Holiday Hunt! I'll be looking forward to it!!!


No comments: