Thursday, October 16, 2008

Antique Festival on the Square

The first annual Maryville, Mo Antique Festival was held on the town square on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 4th and 5th.

I'd anxiously been waiting for this event as I had met the organizers early this summer. Michael Weston and Kindra Felver are the couple behind the scenes. They have been having garage sales for four years and I just happened across them for their last two sales. (This is so typical of my life!) Check my earlier blog on garage sale finds- that's where I got the stuff! Michael and Kindra are leaving Maryville to open a shop in Weston, Mo called Shabby Chic. Best of luck to them, they will be missed.

October blessed the festival with beautiful weather. I spent time visiting the vendors and checking everything out. Never one to buy on the first round, unless it really hits me hard, I strolled around again. There was a nice crowd and I visited with several people I knew. I also enjoyed visiting with Jill, a vendor from Leavenworth, Kansas. It was especially nice that, other than food vendors, it really was just antiques and collectibles.

I thought this was a great display of vintage dog stuff.




This booth had a lot of vintage sports memoribilia!










Here's a photo of Jill's booth.





I didn't come home with much, but I couldn't pass up these solid oak drying trays. Or at least that is what I think they are. I paid $3.oo for the big one and $2.oo for the smaller one. I wandered back up on Sunday, since the square is only a few blocks from home and found this little chicken feeder for $2.00. I think I'll try to grow moss in it next year, or if all else fail, maybe hen and chicks.


I treated myself to a breakfast burrito from The Enchilada Lady. It was so good I bought frozen enchiladas and breakfast burritos to take home. They didn't last long! Sounds like she'll be adding Maryville to her regular route. I'm definitely looking forward to that!




I really enjoyed the weekend and hopefully Michael and Kindra will continue to host the Antique Festival again next year.

1 comment:

bzaks said...

I know this post was almost a full year ago - but I was wondering if you still knew how to contact Kindra - I was very good friends with her back in high school and when we went our separate ways for college I have not been able to find her.

If I don't hear anything, its okay, I was just seeing if I could reconnect.

-Michael P.