Monday, October 27, 2008

Hodge Podge


On Saturday, October 18th, Sonja Henggeler and Kristi Wolbert hosted their bi-annual Hodge Podge. I'd never been before and it was an awesome event! These women are very talented designers and I was very impressed with Hodge Podge!



At the antique festival on the square a few weeks ago, I ran into a woman I'd grown up with in our hometown of Clearmont. As we were talking about what treasures we'd seen, Susan mentioned Hodge Podge was coming up. She said she thought I'd like it and offered to forward the e-mail with the information to me. Oh yeah, this looked like it would be right up my alley!





My sister and I, along with her step-daughter arrived to a packed parking lot and people (okay,women!) everywhere. The building was so crowded we could barely get through. (It also made taking pictures difficult.) I quickly latched onto the bowling pins for $3.00 apiece and kept moving. Then I spied the zinc armillary and envisioned it in my yard. Lucky me, my generous sister decided it would be my birthday present!!!







Sonja and Kristi did a wonderful job with arranging the items they had to sell. Every display was eye candy! Everything was being quickly snatched up, the checkout lines backed up, and guests stood outside the door sipping coffee and enjoying the gorgeous blue October day. Since this is a small town, I think everyone found that they were surrounded by friends, co-workers, and family! It's always more fun when you have someone to share "Look at this!" with, not to mention "Where could I put this?". And as women, it's always nice to have someone with you helping to convince you that, not only do you NEED it, you DESERVE it!



I didn't get to go back later, but something tells me they were pretty much cleaned out very quickly!




The next Hodge Podge will be held on May 2, 2009. If interested in being added to their e-mail list, go to henhouse5@unitedsky.net!


From Hodge Podge, we rushed back home to the kids and the Northwest Missouri State University homecoming parade. I left Sam with my sister, Shelli, to watch the parade and headed for Clarinda, Iowa for the annual craft show. I helped my fellow cookbook queens sell the Clearmont Sesquicentennial Cookbooks at the show. The cookbook was a fundraiser for the Clearmont Community Club. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of cookbooks we sold. We ended the day back at Mom's for supper and a visit from my neices and my great-neice. It was a busy day, but a good one!






No comments: