Friday, October 31, 2008

Seth and Brianna


Several weeks ago my nephew, Seth, moved in with us. And I must say I'm thrilled to have him. His girlfriend, Brianna, was moving to town to attend NWMSU and I knew Seth needed to be close by. I told him he was welcome to stay with us and we cleared out a room for him.

Seth got a job as a temp where I work and, luckily, got the same shift. So now we trudge back and forth to work together. We go to breaks together and complain about work together.



It has been really interesting to get to know him as a person, not just a nephew. It tickles me to no end that they hang out here and seem to be enjoying being with us. (Brianna has an apartment here so it isn't like they have nowhere else to go!) They both seem at ease here. And, for that, I'm thankful!
They go back home to Clarinda regularly. Brianna still has a job there every other weekend. And Seth loves to hunt. So we all have plenty of time apart as well as together.




They are both wonderful young adults. And Sam and I are very happy to be more involved in their lives. I can only hope I'm able to impart at least one little bit of wisdom that the perspective of age provides that will stick in their young minds and help them as they start their journey in adulthood. If I can do that, I will consider myself a successful Aunt! And if that was all I was put here on earth to do, I will be content!

No comments: