Friday, October 10, 2008

I Love Coffee!!!


Yes, I am a coffee junkie.


I come by it honestly. Coffee is in my blood. My family owned a cafe in a small town and as soon as I could carry a coffee cup without spilling it, that became my job. Nothing smells better to me than the smell of coffee in the morning. Coffee started every day for my extended family. I swear my Dad surely had coffee flowing through his veins!!! He drank it morning, noon, and night!


My addiction to coffee started later in life. Now, no day starts without it. And I'm picky about my coffee. (Interject guffaws from family here. "What isn't she picky about? And don't buy her anything pink!" I can just hear them!). I digress. I order my coffee from NEW YORK CITY!!! And yes, I like getting packages in the mail. Especially ones that smell good! So there!

My favorite coffee is Kenya AA. It is hands down, The Best! Period! And I buy beans. No sleeping in at my house, because no one can sleep through the high pitched whrrr of the coffee grinder. And surely, heaven must smell like fresh ground coffee.


On days that I'm not working, I can waste away the entire morning drinking my coffee on the patio, staring at my hostas, figuring out where I can put more. And definitely some redbuds, oh yeah, and those limelight hydrangeas I saw at the garden store the other day. I also like to watch the butterflies and the bees flitting around my plants. When I tire of this, I move to the porch swing on the front porch and watch the world and the college students go by.


On work days, it's a different story. It's all about how much coffee I can consume before running out the door with a coffee cup in hand. Then I grab more coffee at work and start the day at a dead run to the bathroom! Hey, I'm entitled to one vice!!! And since tomorrow begins at 5:15 A.M. I've got to get my beans ground and in the coffee pot so they're ready to perk while I'm in the shower. AAAHHHH! Thank goodness for coffee!


(I've listed my coffee supplier's link over there in that box marked favorite stores. The family run business has been supplying coffee since 1907! This generation is led by Peter Longo. (Snicker, snicker, I can't help it. I know I'm bad!) Peter always has a sale in October because it's his birthday. And hell no, I'm not getting paid to pimp his store! I just like his coffee!)


I think I need to go to bed!


One more thing, the chocolate covered coffee beans are excellent. The best of two worlds!!!


And don't ever buy me anything pink. I hate pink!


No comments: